PACU Registered Nurse (RN)
Saturday PCU RN needed in a busy family planning/abortion facility. Must be a passionate advocate for reproductive rights. Needed for Saturday sessions (7AM-3PM with some flexibility due to patient volume)
Please send your cover letter and resume if interested, including a brief synopsis of what pro-choice means to you and how you define reproductive healthcare. Only qualified candidates will be contacted, please do not call. Inquiries without a cover letter will not be considered.
This position will also include training for a charge nurse position. Initially the position will include triage for abortion patients. Will assist physician and other members of medical team in the procedure room, as needed, as well as perform pre-operative ultrasound for gestational sizing. Supervises PACU; monitors patients vital signs during recovery and ensures they are in stable condition for discharge. Provides post-operative patient instructions and contraceptive education. Once experienced in the flow and responsibilities of the clinic, we hope this individual will take on a charge nurse role. This person will assist in managing the flow of clinic in order to maximize efficiency and improve patient outcomes.
- Current Massachusetts license as registered nurse.
- Experience in sexual and reproductive health and/or ambulatory surgical setting preferred but not required (new grads are welcome).
- Current CPR certification.
- Ability to relate well to patients of diverse backgrounds and ages.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively as part of the medical team.
- Leadership skills a plus, experience as a charge nurse preferred (Differential will be provided to individuals when they are working as charge nurse)
Salary range: $45-50 hourly